Studio Rik Versteeg is registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce under number 71247637 and has its registered offices in Drievriendenstraat 26 (3014JS) in Rotterdam.
Article 1 – Definitions
- In these General Terms and Conditions the following terms are used with the following meanings unless explicitly stated otherwise:
- Offer: Any written offer by the Vendor to the Buyer to provide the Products to which these terms and conditions are inextricably linked.
- Company: The natural or legal person who is acting in a professional or business capacity.
- Consumer: The natural person who is not acting in a professional or business capacity.
- Buyer: The Company or Consumer that enters into an Agreement (remotely) with the Vendor.
- Agreement: The sales agreement (concluded remotely) addresses the sale and provision of the Products purchased by the Buyer from Studio Rik Versteeg.
- Products: The Products offered by Studio Rik Versteeg are art products, art-related products and design products, which include affordable artwork and gift vouchers.
- Vendor: The provider of the Products to the Buyer, hereinafter: Studio Rik Versteeg.
Article 2 – Applicability
- These General Terms and Conditions apply to every Offer from Studio Rik Versteeg, to every Agreement between Studio Rik Versteeg and a Buyer, and to every Product that is offered by Studio Rik Versteeg.
- Before an Agreement is concluded (remotely), the Buyer shall receive these General Terms and Conditions. If this is not reasonably possible, Studio Rik Versteeg shall indicate to the Buyer how the Buyer can view the General Terms and Conditions, which must at least be published on the website of Studio Rik Versteeg, so that the Buyer can easily save these General Terms and Conditions on a durable medium.
- Exceptional situations may deviate from these General Terms and Conditions if this has been explicitly agreed upon in writing with Studio Rik Versteeg
- These General Terms and Conditions also apply to supplementary, amended, and follow-up agreements with the Buyer. Any general and/or purchasing conditions of the Buyer are expressly rejected.
- If one or more provisions of these General Terms and Conditions are rendered null and void in whole or in part, the other provisions of these General Terms and Conditions shall remain in force and the voided provision(s) shall be replaced by a provision with the same purpose as the original.
- Ambiguity about the content, explanations, or situations not provided for in these General Terms and Conditions must be assessed and explained in the spirit of these General Terms and Conditions.
- If these General Terms and Conditions refer to she/her, this should also be understood as a reference to he/she/it, if and in so far as this is applicable.
Article 3 – The Offer
- All offers made by Studio Rik Versteeg are without obligation unless expressly stated otherwise in writing. If the Offer is subject to restrictions or specific conditions, this will be explicitly stated in the Offer. An Offer must be recorded in writing to be considered an Offer.
- The Offer made by Studio Rik Versteeg is without obligation. Studio Rik Versteeg will only be bound to the Offer if the acceptance thereof is confirmed by the Buyer in writing within 30 days or if the Buyer has already paid the amount due. Nevertheless, Studio Rik Versteeg has the right to refuse an Agreement with a potential Buyer if Studio Rik Versteeg has a valid reason.
- The Offer contains an accurate description of the offered Product with corresponding prices. The description is detailed enough to enable the Buyer to make a proper assessment of the Offer. Apparent mistakes or errors in the Offer cannot be binding for Studio Rik Versteeg. Any images and specific data in the Offer are only estimates and may not constitute grounds for any compensation or for the dissolution of the Agreement (remotely). Studio Rik Versteeg cannot guarantee that the colors in the picture correspond exactly to the real colors of the Product.
- Delivery times and Deadlines mentioned in the Offer of Studio Rik Versteeg are estimates and do not entitle the Buyer to rescission or compensation if exceeded unless expressly agreed otherwise.
- A composite quotation shall not oblige Studio Rik Versteeg to deliver part of the items/services included in the Offer or proposal for part of the stated price.
- If and in so far as there is a proposal, this does not automatically apply to repeat orders. Offers are valid only as long as stock lasts and are on a “first-come-first-served” basis.
Article 4 – Conclusion of the Agreement
- The Agreement is concluded at the moment when the Buyer has accepted an Offer from Studio Rik Versteeg by paying for the Product in question.
- An Offer can be made by Studio Rik Versteeg via the website.
- If the Buyer has accepted the Offer by entering into an Agreement with Studio Rik Versteeg, Studio Rik Versteeg shall confirm the Agreement with the Buyer in writing, in any case by email.
- If the acceptance deviates (on minor points) from the Offer, Studio Rik Versteeg shall not be bound by it.
- Studio Rik Versteeg is not bound by an Offer if the Buyer could reasonably have expected or should have understood that the Offer contains an apparent mistake or error in writing. The Buyer may not derive any rights from this error or mistake.
- The right of withdrawal is excluded for a Buyer that is a Company. A Buyer that is a Consumer has the right to exercise its right of withdrawal within the statutory period. If a withdrawal is applicable, the Buyer shall handle the Product and its packaging with care. The Buyer shall only unpack or use the Product to the extent necessary to determine the nature, characteristics, and operation of the Product. The direct costs of returning the Product shall be borne by the Buyer.
Article 5 – Execution of the Agreement
- Studio Rik Versteeg shall execute the Agreement to the best of its knowledge and ability.
- If and in so far as required for proper implementation of the Agreement, Studio Rik Versteeg is entitled to have certain activities carried out by third parties at its own discretion.
- The Buyer shall ensure that all information that Studio Rik Versteeg indicates is necessary or which the Buyer should reasonably understand is necessary for the execution of the Agreement is provided in a timely manner to Studio Rik Versteeg. If the information required for the execution of the Agreement has not been provided in time to Studio Rik Versteeg, then Studio Rik Versteeg is entitled to postpone the execution of the Agreement.
- During the execution of the Agreement, Studio Rik Versteeg is not obliged or required to follow the instructions of the Buyer if this alters the content or scope of the Agreement. If the instructions result in additional work for Studio Rik Versteeg, the Buyer shall be obliged to pay the additional or accompanying costs accordingly.
- Studio Rik Versteeg may require security or full payment in advance from the Buyer before proceeding to execute the Agreement.
- Studio Rik Versteeg is not liable for damage, of whatever nature, which is caused by incorrect and/or incomplete information provided by the Buyer, unless this incorrectness or incompleteness was known to Studio Rik Versteeg.
- The Buyer indemnifies Studio Rik Versteeg against any claims from third parties who suffer damage in connection with the execution of the Agreement and which is attributable to the Buyer.
Article 6 – Delivery
- If the commencement, progress, or delivery of the Agreement is delayed because, for example, the Buyer has not supplied all requested information or not done so in a timely manner, is insufficiently cooperative, the payment or deposit has not been received on time by Studio Rik Versteeg or because of other circumstances beyond the control of Studio Rik Versteeg, then Studio Rik Versteeg will be entitled to a reasonable extension of the delivery deadline. No agreed delivery deadlines are strict deadlines. The Buyer must declare Studio Rik Versteeg to be in default in writing and grant it a reasonable period of time to still deliver. The Buyer is not entitled to any compensation as a result of the delay that has occurred.
- The Buyer is obliged to purchase the delivered goods/services at the time they are made available to the Buyer in accordance with the Agreement, even if they are provided earlier or later than agreed.
- If the Buyer refuses to purchase the delivered goods/services or is negligent in providing information or instructions which are necessary for the delivery, Studio Rik Versteeg is entitled to store the items at the expense and risk of the Buyer.
- If the Products are delivered by Studio Rik Versteeg or an external carrier, Studio Rik Versteeg is entitled to charge for any delivery costs, unless otherwise agreed upon in writing. These will then be invoiced separately unless expressly agreed otherwise.
- If Studio Rik Versteeg requires information from the Buyer regarding the execution of the Agreement, the delivery time will only commence after the Buyer has provided all the information required for the implementation to Studio Rik Versteeg
- If Studio Rik Versteeg has provided a delivery deadline, it is an estimate. Longer delivery times apply to deliveries outside the Netherlands.
- Studio Rik Versteeg is entitled to deliver the goods/services in installments unless this has been deviated from the Agreement or the installment has no independent value. Studio Rik Versteeg is entitled to invoice the delivered goods/services separately.
- Deliveries shall only be made if all invoices have been paid unless explicitly agreed otherwise. Studio Rik Versteeg reserves the right to refuse delivery if there is a well-founded concern of non-payment.
Article 7 – Packaging and Transport
- Studio Rik Versteeg undertakes vis-à-vis the Buyer to properly pack the goods/services to be delivered and to secure them in such a way that they will reach their destination in good condition during normal use.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, all deliveries include value-added tax (VAT), including the packaging and packaging materials.
- Accepting goods without making any comments on the consignment note or the receipt is considered proof that the packaging was in good condition at the time of delivery.
Article 8 – Investigation, Claims
- The Buyer is obliged to inspect the delivered goods/services or have them inspected at the time of delivery, but in any event within 14 days of receipt of the delivered goods/services, and only to unpack or use them to the extent necessary to assess whether they retain the Product. In doing so, the Buyer must examine whether the quality and quantity of the goods/services delivered correspond to the Agreement and whether the Products meet the requirements that apply to them in normal commercial or non-commercial dealings.
- The Buyer is obliged to investigate and learn about how the Product should be used and, in the case of personal use, to test the Product in accordance with the instructions for use. Studio Rik Versteeg does not accept any liability for the improper use of the Product by the Buyer.
- Any visible defects or shortcomings must be reported in writing to Studio Rik Versteeg at firstname.lastname@example.org The Buyer has a period of 14 days after delivery to do so. Non-visible defects or shortcomings must be reported within 14 days of their discovery, but no later than 6 months after delivery. If the Product is damaged as a result of careless handling by the Buyer, the Buyer is liable for any reduction in the value of the Product.
- If a claim is made in time pursuant to the previous paragraph, the Buyer remains obliged to pay for the purchased goods. If the Buyer wishes to return defective goods, this shall only be done with the prior written consent of Studio Rik Versteeg in the manner indicated by Studio Rik Versteeg.
- If a Buyer that is a Consumer exercises their right of withdrawal, they shall return the Product and all accessories, in so far as this is reasonably possible, in their original condition and the packaging to Studio Rik Versteeg in accordance with the return instructions of Studio Rik Versteeg. The direct costs for return shipments are at the expense and risk of the Buyer.
- Studio Rik Versteeg is entitled to investigate the authenticity and condition of the returned Products before a refund is provided.
- Refunds to the Buyer shall be processed as soon as possible, but may take up to 14 days after receipt of the Buyer’s statement of rescission. Reimbursement shall be made to the account number previously provided.
- If the Buyer exercises their right to claim, a Buyer that is a Company, shall not be entitled to suspend its payment obligation or to set off outstanding invoices.
- In the case of incomplete delivery, and/or if one or more Products are missing, and this can be attributed to Studio Rik Versteeg, Studio Rik Versteeg shall, after a request to that effect by the Buyer, send the missing Product(s) or cancel the remaining order. Confirmation of receipt of the Product takes precedence in this situation. Any damage suffered by the Buyer as a result of the (deviating) scope of delivery cannot be recovered from Studio Rik Versteeg
Article 9 – Prices
- During the period of validity of the Offer, the prices of the Products offered shall not be increased, except in the case of changes in VAT rates.
- The prices stated in the Offer include VAT, unless explicitly stated otherwise.
- The prices as mentioned in the Offer are based on the cost factors that apply at the time the Agreement is concluded, such as import and export duties, freight and unloading costs, insurance, and any levies and taxes.
Article 10 – Payment and Collection Policy
- Payment should preferably be made in advance in the currency of the invoice by the method indicated.
- The Buyer cannot derive any rights or expectations from an estimate issued in advance unless the parties have expressly agreed otherwise.
- The Buyer must make a lump sum payment to the account number and details of Studio Rik Versteeg which have been made known to them. The Parties are only able to agree on a different term of payment after explicit and written consent from Studio Rik Versteeg.
- If a periodic payment obligation of the Buyer has been agreed upon, Studio Rik Versteeg is entitled to adjust the applicable prices and rates by giving three months’ notice in writing.
- In the case of liquidation, bankruptcy, seizure, or suspension of payment on the Buyer’s part, the claims of Studio Rik Versteeg against the Buyer shall be due on demand.
- Studio Rik Versteeg is entitled to have the payments made by the Buyer first be applied to reduce the costs, then to reduce the interest still due, and finally to reduce the principal sum and the current interest. Studio Rik Versteeg may, without being in default, refuse an offer of payment if the Buyer indicates a different sequence for the allocation of payment. Studio Rik Versteeg may refuse full payment of the principal sum if at the same time the overdue and current interest, as well as the costs, have not been paid.
- If the Buyer fails to meet its payment obligation and has not complied within the stipulated payment term of 14 days, the Buyer shall be in default. A Buyer that is a Consumer shall first receive a written reminder with a term of 14 days after the date of the reminder to still fulfill the payment obligation with an estimate of the non-statutory costs if the Consumer does not fulfill its obligations within this term before the Buyer is considered in default.
- From the date on which the Buyer is in default, Studio Rik Versteeg shall, without further notice of default being required, claim interest at the statutory rate (commercial or otherwise) from the first day of default until full payment and compensation for non-statutory costs in accordance with Article 6:96 BW (Dutch Civil Code), to be calculated in accordance with the graduated scale of charges for non-statutory collection costs from 1 July 2012.
- If Studio Rik Versteeg has incurred greater expenses than are reasonably necessary, such expenses will be considered for reimbursement. Any judicial and execution costs incurred shall also be borne by the Buyer.
Article 11 – Retention of Title
- All goods/services delivered by Studio Rik Versteeg remain the property of Studio Rik Versteeg until the Buyer has fulfilled all obligations arising from all Agreements concluded with Studio Rik Versteeg.
- The Buyer is not authorized to pledge or otherwise encumber goods/services subject to retention of title if ownership has not been transferred in full.
- If third parties seize delivered goods/services subject to retention of title or wish to establish or assert rights over them, the Buyer is obliged to inform Studio Rik Versteeg thereof as soon as can reasonably be expected.
- In the event that Studio Rik Versteeg wishes to exercise its ownership rights as stated in this article, the Buyer hereby grants unconditional and irrevocable consent and authorization to Studio Rik Versteeg or third parties to be appointed by Studio Rik Versteeg to enter all locations where the property of Studio Rik Versteeg is kept and to repossess it.
- Studio Rik Versteeg is entitled to retain the Product(s) purchased by the Buyer if the Buyer has not yet fulfilled their payment obligations (in full), despite an obligation to transfer or hand over the Product(s) by Studio Rik Versteeg. After the Buyer has fulfilled their obligations, Studio Rik Versteeg shall make every effort to deliver the purchased Products to the Buyer as quickly as possible, but within 20 working days at the latest.
- Costs and other (consequential) damage as a result of keeping the purchased Products in custody are at the expense and risk of the Buyer and shall be reimbursed by the Buyer to Studio Rik Versteeg at its first request.
Article 12 – Warranty
Studio Rik Versteeg guarantees that the Products comply with the Agreement, the specifications stated in the Offer, usability and/or reliability, and the legal rules/regulations at the time the Agreement is established. This also applies if the goods/services to be delivered are intended for use abroad and the Buyer has expressly informed Studio Rik Versteeg of this use in writing at the time of entering into the Agreement.
On all art product(s), and art-related products, you will receive a warranty of 1 year.
Fashion and design items, and merchandise like postcards and stickers have a warranty of 14 days.
Article 13 – Suspension and Dissolution
- Studio Rik Versteeg is entitled to postpone the fulfillment of the obligations or to dissolve the Agreement if the Buyer does not fully comply with the (payment) obligations in the Agreement.
- Furthermore, Studio Rik Versteeg is authorized to terminate the Agreement, in so far as it has not yet been executed, without legal intervention, if the Buyer does not comply properly, in a timely manner, or at all with the obligations resulting from any Agreement that the Buyer has entered into with Studio Rik Versteeg.
- Furthermore, Studio Rik Versteeg is authorized to terminate the Agreement or have it terminated without prior notice of default being required, if circumstances arise of such a nature that executing the Agreement is impossible or can no longer be demanded according to standards of reasonableness and fairness, or if other circumstances arise of such a nature that continuing to execute the Agreement unaltered can no longer reasonably be expected.
- If the Agreement is dissolved, the claims of Studio Rik Versteeg against the Buyer shall be immediately due and payable. If Studio Rik Versteeg suspends fulfillment of the obligations, it will retain its claims under the law and the Agreement.
- Studio Rik Versteeg always retains the right to claim damages.
Article 14 – Limitation of Liability
- If the execution of the Agreement by Studio Rik Versteeg leads to liability on the part of Studio Rik Versteeg vis-à-vis the Buyer or third parties, this liability shall be limited to the costs charged by Studio Rik Versteeg in connection with the Agreement, unless the damage has occurred due to intent or gross negligence. The liability of KStudio Rik Versteeg is in any event limited to the maximum amount of damage per event per year that is paid out by the insurance company.
- Studio Rik Versteeg is not liable for consequential damage, indirect damage, loss of profit and/or suffered losses or missed savings, and damage as a result of the use of the delivered Products is excluded. For the Consumer, a limitation applies in accordance with what is allowed under Article 7:24 paragraph 2 of the Dutch Civil Code.
- Studio Rik Versteeg is not liable for and/or obliged to repair damage caused by the use of the Product. Studio Rik Versteeg provides strict maintenance and user instructions that must be followed by the Buyer. Any damage to Products resulting from wear and use is expressly excluded from liability (this includes signs of use, impact damage, light and water damage, theft, loss, etc.).
- Studio Rik Versteeg is not liable for any damage which is or may be the result of any act or omission as a consequence of (imperfect and/or incorrect) information on the website(s) or on linked websites.
- Studio Rik Versteeg is not responsible for any errors and/or irregularities in the functionality of the website and is not liable for malfunctions or unavailability of the website for any reason whatsoever.
- Studio Rik Versteeg is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the content of emails sent by or on behalf of Studio Rik Versteeg, nor for their timely receipt.
- All claims of the Buyer on account of shortcomings on the part of Studio Rik Versteeg shall lapse if they have not been reported to Studio Rik Versteeg in writing with an explanation of the reasoning for those shortcomings, within one year after the Buyer became aware or could reasonably have been aware of the facts on which their claims are based. In any case, all claims of the Buyer lapse one year after termination of the Agreement.
Article 15 – Force Majeure
- Studio Rik Versteeg shall not be liable if it cannot comply with its obligations under the Agreement due to a situation of force majeure nor can it be obliged to comply with any obligation if it is hindered in doing so as a result of a circumstance that is not its fault and for which it cannot be held accountable by virtue of law, legal act or generally accepted views.
- In all cases, force majeure is understood to mean, but is not limited to any existing definitions in the law and jurisprudence: (i) force majeure affecting Studio Rik Versteeg’s suppliers, (ii) the inability to properly meet the requirements of supplier’s that have been recommended or required by the Buyer or Studio Rik Versteeg, (iii) any shortcomings regarding the goods/services, equipment, programs or materials of third parties, (iv) government measures, (v) electrical malfunction/disruption, (vi) malfunctions/disruptions of internet, data network and telecommunications facilities and services (e.g. due to cybercrime and hacking), (vii) natural disasters, (viii) war and terrorist attacks, (xi) general transport problems, (x) strikes/suspension in Studio Rik Versteeg’s business operations and (xi) other situations that, in the view of Studio Rik Versteeg, fall outside of its sphere of influence and temporarily or continuously prevent it from satisfying its obligations.
- Studio Rik Versteeg is entitled to invoke force majeure if the circumstance preventing (further) fulfillment arises after Studio Rik Versteeg should have fulfilled its obligation.
- The parties may suspend their obligations under the Agreement during the period of force majeure. If this period lasts longer than two months, either party shall be entitled to dissolve the Agreement without any obligation to pay the other party damages.
- In so far as Studio Rik Versteeg has partially fulfilled its obligations under the Agreement at the time force majeure occurs and shall be able to fulfill them, and independent value can be attributed to the fulfilled or still to be fulfilled part, Studio Rik Versteeg is entitled to separately invoice the part already fulfilled or still to be fulfilled respectively. The Buyer is obliged to pay this invoice as if it were a separate Agreement.
Article 16 – Transfer of Risk
The risk of loss of or damage to the Products which are the subject of the Agreement shall transfer to a Buyer that is a Company when the goods/services leave the warehouse of Studio Rik Versteeg For Consumers, the above-mentioned risk shall transfer to the Buyer if the Products have been submitted to the Buyer’s control. This is the case if the Products have been delivered to the Buyer’s delivery address.
Article 17 – Intellectual Property Rights
- All intellectual property rights and copyrights of Studio Rik Versteeg are held exclusively by Studio Rik Versteeg and are not transferred to the Buyer.
- The Buyer is prohibited from disclosing and/or reproducing or changing any documents which are subject to the intellectual property rights and copyrights of Studio Rik Versteeg or making these documents available to third parties without the express prior written consent of Studio Rik Versteeg. If the Buyer wishes to make any changes to the goods/services delivered by Studio Rik Versteeg, Studio Rik Versteeg must give its explicit consent for the intended changes.
- The Buyer is prohibited from using Products under the intellectual property rights of Studio Rik Versteeg other than as agreed in the Agreement.
Article 18 – Privacy, Data Processing, and Security
- Studio Rik Versteeg shall handle the personal data of the Buyer and visitors to its website(s) with care. If requested, Studio Rik Versteeg shall inform the party involved about this.
- If on the basis of the Agreement, Studio Rik Versteeg is required to provide security for information, this security shall comply with the agreed specifications and a security level that is not unreasonable in view of the state of the art, the sensitivity of the data, and the costs involved.
Article 19 – Complaints
- If the Buyer is not satisfied with the Products of Studio Rik Versteegand/or has complaints about the (execution of the) Agreement, the Buyer is obliged to report these complaints as soon as possible, but no later than within 14 calendar days of the situation that led to the complaint. Complaints can be reported via email@example.com with the subject “Complaint”.
- The complaint must be sufficiently substantiated and/or explained by the Buyer in order for Studio Rik Versteeg to handle it.
- Studio Rik Versteeg shall respond to the complaint as soon as possible, but no later than within 14 calendar days of receipt.
- The Parties shall try to reach a solution together.
Article 20 – Applicable Law
- Dutch law applies to every Agreement between Studio Rik Versteeg and the Buyer. The applicability of the Vienna Sales Convention (CISG) is expressly excluded.
- All disputes arising from or in connection with the Agreement between Studio Rik Versteeg and the Buyer shall be settled by the competent court of Zuid-Nederland by its Rotterdam location unless mandatory provisions lead to the jurisdiction of another court.